Thursday, March 3, 2011

needle books in the shop!



Update: There is a pattern available for this now: the Flora Needle Book pattern, available for instant download at Etsy and Craftsy.

Do your needles need a colorful new home? The needle books I started in San Antonio are finished and for sale. For more information on each, go to my etsy shop. Late Note: the pink one is sold, and the blue one shown here is sold but there is another blue one in the shop almost exactly like it. Thanks!

I really loved making these. Some people like to jog to release stress, I like to cut out tiny, tiny flowers. I got the idea from Jessica to use a light coating of fabric stiffener on the cover of each to make them a bit more durable, except I used Aleene's Stiffen Quik instead of Stiffen Stuff. You just spray it on and microwave it for a few seconds to dry. I really like it. It doesn't alter the look of the felt at all, but gives the cover more body.

I'm in the middle of making an experimental pin cushion to match the books.We'll see how that goes.

12 comments:

  1. Totally awesome! Every. Single. One. You'd better start some more, 'cause I bet they won't last long! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great tip about the fabric stiffener. Thanks for sharing. I'm heading over to Etsy to do some shoppin' now. But, which one(s) will I choose? I want them ALL because I love how all the colors look together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I great idea! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma G is right - only two left! I snagged the deep red/maroon one. They are so gorgeous - I can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how creative you are! I never know what to do with felth and then I end up buying colours that are boring...
    I'll try some of these with my 4 year old, who is constantly asking to make arts and crafts!

    click here to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! they are so cute and very handy!
    I linked up :)
    livinprettysimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done! They are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que trabalho maravilhoso!! adorei.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!